First, a quick recap of what has been going on here! We spent the month of May living in house in an area called San Fernando. It was quite an interesting house - the decor was... not quite what I would have chosen. There was, however, a large painting of a naked woman that looked remarkably like me. Mike got a kick out of it, and Sophie giggled every time she noticed it.
Josie turned 2 on May 12, and she had a pretty cool birthday! We went for a camel ride through the Maspalomas sand dunes, fed some baby camels, went to the park for lunch, then back to our house for swimming and cake. My little baby is growing up way too quickly!
Sophie turned 5 on May 30, and we spent the day in Puerto Rico at the waterpark. We went down tons of slides, swam in the many pools, and got quite a bit of sun. Then back to our house for cake!
On June 1, we moved into what will (hopefully) be our home for the remainder of our time in Spain. It's absolutely perfect - other than the spiders, of course. What spiders, you may ask? The thousands (yes, thousands) of spiders that had been building up quite a colony before we moved in, I may answer. I have removed multiple nests around the house, and killed many, many LARGE spiders.
![]() |
| Artist's rendition of a mega-spider. Okay, maybe my fears are kind of specific. |
This is kind of thing is a big deal for me, as I am PETRIFIED of spiders. The only reason I was able to actually kill the spiders, rather than run away screaming, was the knowledge that I was the only adult in the house. If I didn't kill the spiders, they might gather together and create a huge megaspider that would eat my children. I picture something along the lines of Megazord on Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I don't know, my irrational fears aren't always very specific.
I think I might almost have the spiders killed off, now. If not, I might just burn the house down. It's the only way to be sure.
![]() |
| Doorway to the house of spiders. And my dog that has been proven useless when it comes to protecting me from evil arachnids. |


No comments:
Post a Comment