Here is the conversation we had while I was tucking Sophie in to bed last night:
Sophie (cuddled up beside me): Mom, why do you smell like that?
Me: I don't know; what do I smell like? Is it a good smell?
Sophie: Not really. It's sort of... stinky.
Me (trying not to laugh): Well, I guess it's because I was so busy looking after you guys today that I didn't have time to shower.
Sophie: Okay.
(long pause)
Sophie: Are you going to shower tonight?
Me: Once you guys are asleep I have to go downstairs and fold laundry and wash the floors. By the time I'm done all my chores, I'm going to be pretty tired, so I probably won't shower tonight.
Sophie: Oh.
(long pause)
Sophie: What are our plans tomorrow?
Me: Hmm... we need to get some groceries. Other than that, I don't know.
Sophie: Do you think maybe you could shower tomorrow? You're pretty stinky.
Me: ... sure.
Sophie: Thanks, mom.
And then she rolled over and went to sleep.
No comments:
Post a Comment