Noline Edith MacDonald Sheppard. A very long name for such a tiny woman. But one flash of those eyes and that 4'10" woman could fill you with the fear of God... she also had the most tender heart, generous soul and fun spirit of any woman I know. My beautiful mom. She gave her children a beautiful gift this past week. The chance to all be together again; to laugh, cry and share stories. But my mom was tired, and told us she wanted to go home. Just in time to celebrate my dad's birthday with him. Before she left us she said, " Go, eat. Pig out. It's on me!" That's my mom! I'm sure she's cooking up a storm and feeding the entire population of heaven! Mama, we will miss you so much ♥
Its going to be incredibly difficult to not be able to pick up the phone and have one of our hours-long phone calls. Mama was one of the easiest people to talk to; I genuinely looked forward to our phonecalls, which is impressive for me, considering how much I despise talking on the phone!
My only regrets are that we werent able to spend more time together over the past few years, and that my kids will never have the opportunity to get to know the amazing woman that is my grandmother.
No comments:
Post a Comment