Monday, June 29, 2015

Canada Day

This Wednesday is July 1, which is the day Canada celebrates its nationhood. I suppose it is only fitting that it is also the day we return to Canada.



Our first day on the island! March 10, 2012
It's with a lot of sadness and a touch of excitement that we leave the Canary Islands. We have made so many amazing friends and had some incredible experiences in the past three years. When the girls and I first stepped off the plane, I had no idea how much this island would come to mean to us. 







March 2015. Can't believe I lined the shot up
so well from just memory!

Sophie and Josie are more Canarian than Canadian at this point, and I think they will have quite the adventure learning about their motherland. They don't remember ever having lived in a country where everyone* speaks English!

*(okay, almost everyone)

We're going to miss everyone here so much, but we promise we'll be back someday!





Goodbyes are not forever.
Goodbyes are not the end.
They simply mean I’ll miss you
Until we meet again!
~ Author Unknown


---------------------------------

El miércoles es 1 de Julio, cual es el celebración del nacimiento de Canadá.  Supongo que es apropiado que también es el día que volvemos a Canadá.

Es con mucha tristeza y un poco de emoción que nos dejamos las islas Canarias. Hemos hecho muchos amigos sorprendentes y tuvimos experiencias increíble en los últimos tres años. Cuando las niñas y yo bajamos el avión, no sabía cuánto importancia la isla tendría.

Ahora Sofia y Jojo son mas Canaria que Canadiense. Van a tener un gran aventura a conocer su patria. No recuerden nada de viviendo en un país donde toda la gente habla ingles!!

Vamos a extrañar a todos mucho, pero prometemos que volveremos algún día!

Adios no es para siempre,
Adios no es final.
Significa, simplemente, te echo de menos
hasta que nos encontremos de nuevo.
~ Author Unknown


No comments:

Post a Comment