Friday, March 9, 2012

The adventure begins... And is paused.

So, I wrote this about 30 minutes into the flight to Toronto. Little did I know, my relaxed state would not last long. When we landed, the other passengers were incredibly helpful and let us get off the plane really quickly. I threw Josie in the front of the double stroller, her carseat and our carry-on on the back seat, and Sophie climbed on my back and we RAN from one end of the airport to the other. Sophie got down and ran a few times to give my back a break. She is such a little trooper. We got to our gate to find that the agents at the OTHER gate were supposed to have told us that we weren't getting off the flight. At that point, I was do out of breath, exhausted, and disappointed that I kind of started sobbing and hyperventilating. The agent was incredibly nice and hugged me and got things sorted out for us to get a hotel and new flights.

All in all, things worked out well. They bumped us up to business class for the whole trip, gave us a hotel and all of our meals for tomorrow. The girls are cuddled up in bed, I get a bed to myself for once, and we're going to rest up for tomorrow.

Here is my naive original post:

***********************************************

We're on our way! We have finally made it off the ground - close to an hour late, but at least we're going.

Things went fairly well getting to the plane. As I was gathering up our stuff at security, Josie somehow slipped out of the stroller and ran. My back was turned, so I didn't notice until a very nice man brought her back to me. So that was stressful. Then, while we were waiting to board, the girls had a wonderful time running around and chasing each other. While I'm sure they annoyed some people, they were relatively well behaved overall.



We had a very nice gentleman help us on the plane by carrying Josie's carseat. Unfortunately, the plane's seats are only two by two, so Josie and I sat in the row behind Sophie. Thankfully, Sophie ended up sitting next to a very kind businessman that helped her get her earphones in and set up a movie. Neither girl so much as flinched on the take-off, even though it was a bit bumpy, and they were both asleep before the plane levelled out. I have a feeling it is going to be a good flight.



*fingers crossed*

So now I'm going to sit back, watch 'The Descendants', and enjoy the company of two sleeping children.

(Amusing story: while we were waiting to board the airplane, there was this mid-twenties couple standing next to me. They were grumbling about one having the window and one having the aisle, and were talking about wanting to switch seats. I, being stupidly helpful, said "I think the seats are just in pairs on this flight; there isn't a middle seat." The girl gave me a "look" and said "I don't think so".

I shrugged and said "I might be wrong." Lo and behold, we get on the airplane where the seats are two by two, and they are sitting across the aisle from me. I love being right.)

No comments:

Post a Comment